8.8.05

an example of why negotiating with a fundamentalist is futile, despite what peace loving people think:

peace loving person: what is it you want?

fundamentalist: you to see things my way. it is the only way.

peace loving person: there can be more than one way, if i respect your beliefs.

fundamentalist: you cannot respect my beliefs without seeing it my way.

peace loving person: sure i can, that is what rights and freedoms are all about.

fundamentalist: no, you cannot. there are no rights and freedoms when you do not see it my way.

peace loving person: how is that?

fundamentalist: i am not free to see things your way, because there is only one way. do you not see?

peace loving person: see what?

fundamentalist: my way.

peace loving person: i don't see it your way, but i respect your beliefs.

fundamentalist: then you must die, infidel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home